Carrot juice health benefits and Side Effects
Carrot is found all over India, which along with vegetables is used to make many dishes (Halwa, Murabba, Pak, etc.). Carrots are red, yellow, and black in color. There are two types of carrots: agricultural and wild. Agricultural carrots are grown in the fields and wild carrots are found in the forests. In this article, the elements found in carrots, properties of carrots, method of making carrot juice, health benefits, and side effects of consuming carrot juice are being highlighted. By studying this article and getting information, a lot of benefits can be availed by consuming carrot juice properly.
Ingredients found in Carrots
Carrots are rich in protein, fat, carbohydrate, calcium, fiber, phosphorus, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B, nicotinic acid, thiamine, and riboflavin. 100 grams of carrot contains 0.95 grams of protein, 9.28 grams of carbohydrates, 24 milligrams of calcium, 0.46 milligrams of iron, 0.8 grams of fiber, 3.9 grams of sugar, 14 milligrams of magnesium, 292 milligrams of potassium, 66 milligrams of sodium, 42 milligrams of phosphorus, 0.15 milligrams of fat, 0.17 milligrams Zinc, 0.27 mg Fatty Acids, 88.8 g Water, Vitamin A 19124 IU, Vitamin K 15.5 µg, Vitamin E 1.15 mg, Folate 4 µg, Vitamin B6 0.217 mg, Vitamin C 8.5 mg, Niacin 0.385 mg, Riboflavin 0.055 mg, Thiamine 0.092 Mg, Carotenoids, Manganese, Fiber, etc. are found. Thus carrot is completely rich in vitamins and minerals. 100 grams of carrot juice provides 40 calories of energy.
Method to make Carrot Juice
Take three carrots of medium size, wash them thoroughly, cut them into small pieces, and put them in a mixer, add one cup of water and grind them well and sieve them with a cloth. This is carrot juice.
Properties of Carrot
Carrot is an aphrodisiac, palatable, anthelmintic, sweet, hot, curable, piles, anti-phlegm, and anti-blood-bile and Grisham, antipyretic.
Health benefits of carrot juice
Consumption of carrot juice has the following health benefits:-
- Cough is very beneficial in cough: Mixing sugar candy and black pepper in carrot juice and licking it thrice a day (morning, afternoon, evening) brings out phlegm and cures cough.
- Beneficial in pregnancy for women: By consuming carrot juice regularly, the vitamins and minerals found in sufficient quantity in carrot juice nourish the fetus. Thus, regular consumption of carrot juice is extremely beneficial in pregnancy.
- Strengthens: By consuming carrot juice regularly, the fiber found in carrots strengthens the digestive system by eliminating the problems of gas, constipation, acidity, and dyspepsia.
- Increases the light of the eyes: Due to the presence of vitamin A in large quantities, regular consumption of carrot juice removes all the disorders of the eyes and increases the light of the eyes.
- Keeps the brain healthy: By consuming carrot juice regularly, an element called niacin found in carrots makes the brain healthy by destroying schizophrenia disease of the brain.
- Removes chest pain: Mix 10 grams juice of carrot with 20 grams honey and drink it, it ends chest pain.
- Metabolism Booster: By consuming carrot juice regularly, the vitamins A, B, C, and K found insufficient amounts in carrots increase metabolism, which increases appetite.
- Reduces weight: By consuming carrot juice regularly, the fiber found in carrots reduces body weight by destroying unnecessary fat. The body remains light and refreshing.
- Keeps heart healthy: The antioxidant properties found in carrots keep the heart healthy by regular consumption of carrot juice. Pulse rate remains regular.
- Controls Diabetes Disease: Due to the low-fat content in carrots, regular consumption of carrot juice controls diabetes.
- It is very beneficial in bloody piles: Mixing 20 grams of carrot juice with curd cream and taking it regularly in the morning, afternoon, and evening stops bleeding in bloody piles.
- Helps in lowering cholesterol: By taking regular consumption of carrot juice, vitamin-B found in it reduces the level of bad cholesterol and increases the good cholesterol in proper amount. Thus, regular consumption of carrot juice is helpful in reducing cholesterol.
- Nourishes hair: By taking regular consumption of carrot juice, beta carotene found in abundance in carrots nourishes hair by stopping premature graying and hair fall, hair becomes healthy.
- Improves skin: By taking regular consumption of carrot juice, vitamin C and E found in abundance in carrots, eliminates the untimely wrinkles in the skin, brings tightness, brings the glow. The skin becomes healthy and attractive.
- Increases immunity: Due to the presence of a sufficient amount of vitamin A, vitamin C, and carotenoids in carrots, regular consumption of carrot juice increases immunity.
Carrot juice side effects
Although carrot is rich in vitamins and minerals, it is a mine of properties, but its excessive use can cause some side effects. Excessive consumption of carrot juice can cause the following disadvantages:-
- Obesity: Consuming too much carrot juice can lead to obesity due to the increase in the number of carbohydrates in the body.
- High blood pressure: Consuming too much carrot juice can lead to the problem of high blood pressure.
- Bodyweight gain: Consuming too much carrot juice can lead to weight gain.
- Can increase the problem of ulcers: Those who have ulcer problems should not consume carrot juice, otherwise, the potassium found in carrot juice can increase the problem of ulcers.