Diet to Control Hypothyroidism
In hypothyroidism disease, due to reduced activity of the thyroid gland, the thyroid gland is not able to make a sufficient amount of thyroid hormone, due to which there is a deficiency of thyroid hormone in the body. A person suffering from this disease should eat things that increase thyroid hormone and things that decrease thyroid hormone should not be consumed.
It has often been seen that patients treating hypothyroidism disease are consuming those things which are harmful to them, due to which their hypothyroidism disease is not controlled even after taking medicines. Do not consume those things which are helpful in controlling hypothyroidism disease. The reason for this is that they, “What should be eaten in thyroid disease? What should not be eaten?” There is no information regarding this. In this article, light is being thrown in this regard, which can be very beneficial for thyroid patients after studying and getting information about it.
Eat-in hypothyroidism disease (decreased thyroid hormone)
- Take regular intake of whole and coarse grains (sorghum, bran flour, brown rice, porridge, multigrain bread). The fiber available in sufficient quantity helps in reducing weight while eliminating the problem of constipation and controls the thyroid.
- High-protein foods increase thyroid hormones. Consume 50 grams of protein-rich foods like moong dal, gram lentils, chickpeas, kidney beans daily in the diet. Eat fish, chicken, eggs.
- Consume foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids such as two to three walnuts, sunflower seeds. Eat sardine fish, salmon fish. You can take fish oil.
- 500 to 600 grams of fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants (apples, cherries, berries, banana, orange, seasonal, papaya, kiwi, plum, watermelon, grapes, orange, capsicum, pumpkin, potato, beet, cantaloupe, avocado, carrot, Eat Okra, Loki, Fenugreek, Spinach, Rajma, Plum, Tomato, Brinjal, Bitter gourd, Cucumber, etc.
- Cook vegetables in the form of salad and eat them in both ways. Vegetables include cinnamon, garlic, turmeric, chili, parsley, black pepper, and cumin Eat too.
- Consume foods rich in vitamin D (such as mushrooms, egg yolks, fish oil, etc.). Sit in the sun for 20 to 25 minutes every day.
- Consume milk, cheese, curd.
- Eat eggs, chicken, fish.
- Exercise 40 to 45 minutes daily.
- Consume iodized salt.
- Take vitamins, minerals, and iron supplements on the advice of the doctor.
Do not eat in hypothyroidism disease (decreased thyroid hormone)
- High-fat foods such as fried chicken, soy milk, butter, dalda, cream, pasta, processed food cookies, chips, french fries, mayonnaise, cakes, snacks, pastries, beans, coffee, alcohol, green tea, canned Do not consume closed foods, burgers, and bread, etc.).
- Do not consume soybean, cabbage, cauliflower, radish, turnip, mustard greens, banana, spinach, broccoli, tofu, mushroom, peach, pear, strawberry, and broccoli. These foods inhibit the activity of enzymes that make thyroid hormones.
- Do not eat sugar or foods made with sugar.
- Do not consume the things that are forbidden by the doctor.
Note- This article is for information purposes only. It should not be taken as medical advice. You should definitely consult your doctor for your health-related problems.